Sunday, March 21, 2010

two articles about DAE ♥


''IF I ONLY HAVE A GIRLFRIEND...''


What else did the car-crash that Daesung was involved in take away from him?

Daesung has been lonely lately. This is because he lost his cell phone when he was involved in the car crash. This now means that he is no longer in touch with his old friends; through his phone he managed to maintain an unsteady but existent relationship with them.

“When we were preparing for our debut, I was so busy that I couldn’t contact my friends much. I kept thinking of them after ‘Lies’ became a hit, however. I would feel lonely when everyone went out and I was left alone on our days off.”

After the success of “Lies” brought them to slightly higher ground, Daesung was finally able to relax enough to look around him. He said that there was no one left by then however.

He felt sorry to all the friends he had become distant with during the harsh training that preceded his debut, so he subtly contacted them. Of course his old friends would understand his situation and take him back.

“My friends said they understood. I felt so bad. Whenever I saw one of my friends’ names while going through my cell phone, I missed them so much, but I couldn’t just call them because just so much time had passed.”

During the time they had breaks between their schedules, he contacted a lot of his old friends. But that damn car crash not only left Daesung to nurse 8 weeks’ worth of injuries, but it also stole his friends’ numbers from him as well.

“My phone went missing after the accident. I was knocked out so I don’t remember where it went, but now I can’t call my friends when I want to. Not to mention that my yearbook has disappeared somewhere too…”

He has found great joy showing of his talents to the world and gaining fans and much love while performing as a singer. Living as a famous celebrity is not easy however, as Daesung has realised.

“I used to really like walking. I loved walking while listening to music. I feel a little confined and frustrated because I can’t just walk wherever I want to now, like I used to. When I go back home in the holidays, I walk around for a while with my face covered up before going into the house.”

It hasn’t been very long since the members all got their own rooms. Three months ago, he shared rooms with Seungri. Although they’ve never clashed or anything and they do find each others’ presence natural now, he is so happy now that he has his own room. Everyone still needs their own personal space, right?

“I never leave my room nowadays. (laughs) Even when I eat I’ll order something from my room and eat it there. I think I spent most of my time alone watching movies though. I like sad, emotional, romantic movies. I’m not really into comedies when it comes to movies, but I like variety shows! Watching movies alone at night is so much fun.”

Daesung has been thinking lately that he wants to make friends. He close to many hyungs and noonas from ‘Family Outing’, but he would also like to meet friends his own age too.

“I’m not sure whether my cell phone is a watch or a phone anymore. Sometimes I’ll leave my phone with some of the company staff because of a concert or something, and when I get it back later I won’t have a single text. ㅠㅠ I wish I could have a girlfriend to even just exchange text messages.”

“I even watched the New Year countdown alone this year. I thought Young-Bae hyung would be with me so I purposely didn’t make any special plans but I ended up watching it by myself. I watched the countdown of 3, 2, 1, heard the bell ring, then I turned off my TV, prayed and went to sleep. ㅠㅠ


EVEN FOR A ONE DAY,I WANNA LIVE LYK TOP HYUNG


Daesung muses about what it would be like to live a day in the life of the eldest Big Bang member...

“Big Bang? They’re family.”

The Big Bang members, who all feel like the air surrounding each other when they’re in the same space are pretty much family to Daesung. Though initially there was a lot intimidation to be felt; to the point even just being in the same room felt awkward, they are now able to trust and rely on each other.

“I think I will be with the Big Bang members for the rest of my life.”

Though each of the members have different personalities as individuals, they are now like family members who all make up for each others’ weak points.

“I’m living on the same floor as Young-Bae hyung (Taeyang). We’re both Christians so we talk a lot about this and that. We also talk a lot about music too. He’s a hyung to me that teaches me a lot about stuff in everyday life.”

“The really funny person is TOP. This one time, I woke up in the morning to find TOP hyung passed out with his face buried in a cake. I seriously thought that he might have died. When Young-Bae shook him to wake him up, he just fell to the ground with a thud. We were so shocked to the point we were going to call the ambulance, but then he just slid up and walked to his room. It was like this huge twist in a movie where someone you think is dead just comes back to life. (laughs)”.

The member has a different way of overcoming the hard times of the entertainment industry too:

“There was this period where it was really physically and mentally exhausting for all of us. All of the members were exhausted. We all fell asleep once after joking around that we should run away to an amusement park or something just for a break. The next day, TOP hyung was gone. We saw a note on the table saying: “I’m leaving. Sorry Big Bang. Love yous [sic]”.

The remaining members had come to the conclusion that TOP really had disappeared. Just in case he hadn’t though, they all thoroughly searched all the dorms and was finally able to him in the room of one of their sunbaes, who had recently come to take part in the YG Family 10th Anniversary Concert. What TOP told the members when they found him was just ridiculous:

“I came to say goodbye to hyung before leaving, but then I fell asleep.”

Daesung is often envious of TOP’s daringness; as Daesung can never say ‘no’ and is always cautious in whatever he does.

“Young-Bae hyung and I sometimes talk about it. ‘Even just for a day, I wanna live like TOP hyung.’ But we’d never be able to even if we tried, because of our personalities. (laughs)”

Daesung considers it his own good luck that he met the other members along with their varying personalities, including charismatic leader Ji-yong and cutie Seungri. He hopes the friendship he shares with the Big Bang members will last a lifetime.

No comments: